EEFC member organizations make annual membership contributions which enable us to network with fellow grantmakers, coordinate a peer learning community, host and underwrite convenings with expert speakers, partner on field-building initiatives, and seed emerging practices. We welcome a broad field of funders in education, health, community or youth development, public policy, and environment. If you would like to attend our events and/or become a member, please contact EEFC Co-Chairs Kim Moore Bailey or Jessica Mancini.
Membership is open to the following types of grantmakers:
- Advised Funds
- Community Foundations
- Corporate Foundations
- Corporate Giving Programs
- Family Foundations
- Focused Funds
- Government Grantmaking Agencies
- Independent Foundations
- Individual Donors
- Philanthropic Giving Circles
- Philanthropic Management Entities
- Public Foundations
- The member’s primary purpose for joining EEFC is a desire to improve its grantmaking program.
- The member awards $25,000 or more per year in grants to multiple, unrelated organizations within its environmental education priority area, and does not restrict its giving to subsidiary chapters or to a single institution. (“In-kind contributions/grants” (products and/or services) will be considered as all or part of the applicant’s eligible grantmaking in qualifying for membership, but will not be used as a basis on which to calculate dues.)
- Information regarding a member's grantmaking program is public (e.g. through a web site or the use of printed materials, and/or by its IRS form 990PF). Exception: Individual and donor advised funds do not need to meet this criterion. However, donor advised funds must be managed at organizations which meet this criterion.
- For organizational members, the grantmaking program is the most significant part of the applicant’s activities.
Recommended contributions are tiered based on the total amount of environmental education-related grantmaking/giving per calendar (or fiscal) year.
|Total Annual EE-Related |
|Minimum Recommended Contribution|
|$25,000 - $300,000||$1,000|
|$301,000 - $999,999||$5,000|
|>$1,000,000||$10,000 - $25,000|
The Jacques M. Littlefield Foundation